Dry mouth also known as xerostomia is a decrease in saliva which is crucial to keeping the mouth moist. Saliva helps make eating, swallowing, and speaking easier. A decrease in saliva due to dry mouth from wearing a mask may increase chances for tooth decay and oral infections.
Bad breath also known as halitosis is unfortunately a scent that is unforgettable. Mask wearing for prolonged periods of time can increase dry mouth and intensify bad breath if oral hygiene is neglected.
Bleeding gums also known as gingivitis could develop and worsen from wearing a mask due to increased plaque build-up from poor oral hygiene, dry mouth and oral debris from food and bacteria.
Achieve a healthy smile and kissably clean mouth while wearing a mask by:
- Improving your oral care routine
- Floss teeth (minimum 1x daily)
- Brush teeth (minimum 2x daily)
- Clean tongue (recommended 2x daily) food debris and bacteria love to hang out on your tongue
- Swish with mouthwash (recommended 2x daily)
- Stay well hydrated by drinking water throughout the day to help prevent dry mouth and keep the oral cavity moist.
- Stay vigilant on your oral health to include your teeth, tongue, gums and breath. Seek a consultation from a Dental Professional if you are concerned or have any oral complications immediately.
You will be shocked at the difference a new routine can make. Buy your BAO TEA brush today!